Heart End Labret
The below measurements are approximate:
- The heart end measures 3.5mm tall by 3.5mm wide
- The 5/32" has a 4mm wearable area
- The 1/4" has a 6mm wearable area
- The 5/16" has an 8mm wearable area
- The back disc is fixed and the heart end is internally threaded
Jewelry is measured through a gauge system (see chart below). The higher the gauge number the smaller the wire is. A standard "earring" is usually 20 gauge. Jewelry gauges/sizes can vary between manufacturers. There is no universal regulation on companies to make a standard size in body jewelry. A big part of this is that some jewelry is made overseas and measured in millimeters. And in the USA jewelry is measured in inches/gauges. So many times jewelry can be anywhere from .5mm to 1mm different.