Synthetic Opal Solaris Eyelets
The below measurements are approximate:
- All sizes have a 1/4" wearable area
- The overall length measures 7/16"
- The back is externally threaded
The front design and opal measurements are as follows:
- 2g front design measures 12.5mm tall by 10mm wide with a 2mm synthetic opal cabochon
- 0g front design measures 16.5mm tall by 12.5mm wide with a 3mm synthetic opal cabochon
- 00g front design measures 18.5mm tall by 15.3mm wide with a 3mm synthetic opal cabochon
- 12mm front design measures 23mm tall by 18.3mm wide with a 4mm synthetic opal cabochon
- 9/16" front design measures 24.5mm tall by 20.3mm wide with a 4.5mm synthetic opal cabochon
- 5/8" front design measures 28mm tall by 23mm wide with a 5mm synthetic opal cabochon
Jewelry is measured through a gauge system (see chart below). The higher the gauge number the smaller the wire is. A standard "earring" is usually 20 gauge. Jewelry gauges/sizes can vary between manufacturers. There is no universal regulation on companies to make a standard size in body jewelry. A big part of this is that some jewelry is made overseas and measured in millimeters. And in the USA jewelry is measured in inches/gauges. So many times jewelry can be anywhere from .5mm to 1mm different.