It’s technically a labret. But like, the queen of labrets. The practice was once much more widespread in Africa, with some reports from the 1800s saying men and women of different tribes wore great lip plates in their lower (and sometimes upper) lips. Today, the Mursi are most famous for keeping up this tradition (Along […]
There’s a legend among the Tlingit that starts by saying, “No one knows where the story of Raven begins, so everyone starts from where they know and goes on from there.” According to the story, Raven was a god-like figure with an abalone shell labret and he, (or sometimes she) made the world. Not the […]
- The March and April Digital Calendars!
- The January and February Calendars are here!
- Shipping Rate Increase — Chinese Counterfeiting Edition
- The Prosthetic Earlobe
- Odd Mods: Foreskin Restoration
- Odd Mods: Breast Implants
- Grindhouse Wetware
- Deadmods Part 1: Shrunken heads
- The Noble Black Earstring
- A Bit of Tattoo History