With Ryoichi Keroppy Maeda I keep digging. What do people’s parents think about this? Their grandparents? “I know an interesting story about it,” he says. “You know, we had a poison gas terror attack by a Buddhist cult group in Tokyo in 1995.” Aum Shinrikyo, the cult group Maeda is talking about, used sarin gas […]
With Ryoichi Keroppy Maeda A few months ago, I had the opportunity to interview Ryoichi Keroppy Maeda, a Japanese journalist who is probably best known in the US for popularizing the Bagel Head* phenomenon. But Maeda, a 49 year old graduate of Chiba University, is a lot more than the Bagel Head Guy. He’s […]
I spoke with Ryoichi Keroppy Maeda, a Japanese body modification enthusiast, participant and journalist. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, perhaps the term Bagel Head will. Most people in the body modification community know the term Bagel Head as a uniquely Japanese trend, because it was wildly reported in those ‘Crazy things people do […]
- The March and April Digital Calendars!
- The January and February Calendars are here!
- Shipping Rate Increase — Chinese Counterfeiting Edition
- The Prosthetic Earlobe
- Odd Mods: Foreskin Restoration
- Odd Mods: Breast Implants
- Grindhouse Wetware
- Deadmods Part 1: Shrunken heads
- The Noble Black Earstring
- A Bit of Tattoo History