Sterling Silver and Boulder Opal Seamless Ring
Please note that the wearable area measures 3/8" wide but only 1/4" tall due to the boulder opal cabochon.
The below measurements are approximate:
- The entire seamless ring measures 16mm tall by 11.7mm wide
- The inner wearable area measures 9.7mm wide and the wearable area from the top of the cabochon to the top of the ring measures 6.1mm
- The genuine boulder opal cabochon measures 8mm tall by 6mm wide
- The captive ring and settings are made with sterling silver
- The side of the setting where the ring meets the cabochon is dimpled
To open seamless rings, we recommend that the two ends be twisted away from each other rather than pulled open. The second method will distort the shape of the ring.
You will receive the exact ring photographed.
Jewelry is measured through a gauge system (see chart below). The higher the gauge number the smaller the wire is. A standard "earring" is usually 20 gauge. Jewelry gauges/sizes can vary between manufacturers. There is no universal regulation on companies to make a standard size in body jewelry. A big part of this is that some jewelry is made overseas and measured in millimeters. And in the USA jewelry is measured in inches/gauges. So many times jewelry can be anywhere from .5mm to 1mm different.CONVERSION CHART:
5/16" (~8mm) diameter 3/8" (~10mm) diameter 1/2" (~12mm diameter)