In this guide, we'll show you how to remove and reinsert a captive bead ring
with ease. Whether you're changing your style or simply cleaning your jewelry, we've got you covered!
Step-by-Step: Removing the Captive Bead Ring
- Gently Twist the Ring: Hold the ring with one hand and gently twist it to create enough space to grab the bead with your other finger.
- Grab the Bead: Using your free finger, carefully grasp the bead and hold it firmly.
- Remove the Bead: Continue pulling gently on the ring while holding the bead. The bead should come out smoothly.
Step-by-Step: Reinserting the Captive Bead Ring
- Align the Dimples: To put the bead back in, align the dimples on the bead with the metal ring. You may use a mirror to help if needed.
- Center the Bead: Carefully feel for the contact points of the ring with the dimples on the bead. Center the bead in place.
- Done! Congratulations, you've successfully reinserted the captive bead ring. It should be secure and comfortable.
Using Tools for Extra Tight Rings
If your captive bead ring is too tight to easily remove or reinsert, you can use ring opening pliers
to assist you: