Wearing jewelry through a tunnel is a great way to change up your look, as well as protect those of us with more sensitive lobes. There are so many options and different ways to mix and match your hanging jewelry with your earskins, saddles, and eyelets to suit your look.
- Contrast different metals against one another, or wear the same metal together for a cohesive look.
- Utilize earksins to add a pop of color, or match the color of your jewelry!
- Even combine hanging styles for a truly unique look!
Of course, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- For starters, if you’re wearing metal on metal, you will hear it rattling next to your ear. If this is too loud or distracting, consider pairing metal and non-metal pieces together instead.
- Some pieces are also best left in naked lobes, so your skin can better conform around the piece and hold it in place. Jewelry with an uneven or front heavy design may be more prone to falling out if not hugged by your lobe. Some options that are sure to be secure will be clicker weights, hoops with a snap closure, or keyhole weights which have to be inserted and removed horizontally through an eyelet, making them unlikely to fall out of your lobe.
- Also remember that unlike your lobe or a silicone earskin, metal eyelets aren’t flexible and can’t bend around jewelry, so make sure the gap in the eyelet is large enough for the jewelry you want to wear to fit through it.
There are endless ways to pair your hanging jewelry with eyelets, earskins, and saddles. Let us know some of your favorite combinations, and as always, don’t forget to like and subscribe and follow us on social media @bodyartforms!